List:       xfree-newbie
Subject:    [Newbie]RE: G400
From:       Derek L Davies <ddavies () ddavies ! net>
Date:       2001-06-27 3:50:47

dep,

Thanks again for the help.  I've now tried 4.0.3 with and without
kernel modules.  Everything in the logs looks fine except the warning
about the Video BIOS info block not being detected.  If I don't ensure
the modules are loaded before starting X the logs say so, etc, so some
measure of sanity prevails.

I wonder about HAL (I'm still set for no HAL) and the Video BIOS
warning.  I am going to ask about this on the expert list.  In the
meantime, maybe I will try to compile my own XFree86 rather than take
the binary.

Thanks /so much/ for all the data points dep!

Derek