List:       xfree-newbie
Subject:    RE: [Newbie]ATI Radeon VE under XFree 4.1.0
From:       "Sprague, ITSN" <spraguee () msc ! naples ! navy ! mil>
Date:       2001-06-26 8:33:44

I am having the exact same problem. I've tested this radeon card on both a
VIA KT133 mobo and an i815 (trying to get it to work on the i815). The chip
initializes perfectly (Including DRI!), and it even thinks that it's drawing
to the screen (I can run Chromium BSU and other DRI games, anything 2D), but
there is no output to the monitor whatsoever. I suspect that the output is
actually going to the digital flat panel connector (the card is connected to
a CRT, I've tried both a Panasonic SM70 [DDC ID's it as an MEI c82] and a
Compaq FS740), but I don't know how to force it to redirect to the CRT
connector. I've tried editing radeon_driver.c, enabling flat panel and
forcing CRTOnly, but to no avail. I'm not exactly clear enough on what
radeon_driver.c is doing to do anything beyond trivial whacking, but any
help would be appreciated. (FWIW, I am not an X hacker, and I'm pretty weak
at C)