List:       xfree-newbie
Subject:    [Newbie]Re: G400
From:       Derek L Davies <ddavies () ddavies ! net>
Date:       2001-06-26 3:29:39

dep,

I don't run suse and don't have the 3Ddiag program you mentioned.  Can
I get 3Ddiag running on debian?  Hmm, I keep hearing such nice things
about suse...

Sorry not to thread correctly - I'm not actually on the list, I'm
reading from the archives...

Still running through various setups with the kernel.  So far, agpgart
and mga manually loaded as modules prior to startx yeilds the most
"promising" log (ie, DRM seems more chatty without any indication of
error), but still no real speedup.

Is it known that the module approch *doesn't* work?  I don't really
care either way except that I seem to remember that it was important
to load them as modules from the experience I had getting it working
originally.  I seem to recall that there was some caveat or trick
related to kernel config.

Thanks,
Derek