List:       xfree-newbie
Subject:    Re: [Newbie]XFree86 4.1.0
From:       dep <dennispowell () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2001-06-14 3:07:55

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 10:32 pm, Robyn Manning wrote:

| Is there any way to install 4.1.0 and keep KDE2 as my desktop? Is
| there anything I should be looking out for on the install, it asked
| lots of questions some of which I didn't know the answer for and
| just answered 'yes'?

it's entirely possible that enough has changed that you'll need to
recompile kde. having just done that with the latest kde cvs, i can
report that it's worth doing anyway, though it takes a *long* time to
build.
--
dep

there's more to history than what's in books;
that's why it took so long to happen.