List:       xfree-newbie
Subject:    Re: [Newbie]XFree86 4.1.0 crash
From:       Nils Holland <nils () nightcastleproductions ! org>
Date:       2001-06-12 21:23:29

On Tuesday 12 June 2001 19:25, Roman v. Gemmeren wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I´m using Mandrake 8 (GeForce graphics-card) with XFree 4.0.3. Compiling
> did no errors, but when i try to start, i get the attached error.log. What
> did i do wrong? can anyone help me please? thx
>
> Ciao,
>       Strowi

I have no clue what causes this problem, but I have seen something similar
with XFree86 4.0.3 a few times. I'm using an ATI mach64 board, and once upon
a time, while X was running normally, it suddenly crashed with a sig11. When
I tried to re-start it with startx, I received a whole lot of these
"unresolved symbol" error messages and X wouldn't start anymore. Rebooting my
system and trying again.

However, this problem did not appear very often, and I never found a way to
actually reproduce it. Ever since I started using XFree86 4.1.0 (about June
3rd), I did not come across the problem again.

I don't have a clue what was causing my problem and what is currently causing
your problem, but probably someone here has something to say about it?!?

Greetings
Nils