List:       xfree-newbie
Subject:    [Newbie]Unchangeable truetype font sizes
From:       Ravikiran Rajagopal <ravi () ee ! eng ! ohio-state ! edu>
Date:       2001-03-24 5:46:23

Hi,
  My X applications seem to be able obtain my truetype fonts only at 12 point
size. The "traditional" fonts are avaiable in all their usual sizes. I don't
have this problem with Qt-based applications though. My problem is most
visible on XEmacs 21.2.46 compiled from CVS. I am running XFree86 4.0.3 dated
March 16 2001 along with Nvidia drivers 0.9-767 on a TNT with 8Mb RAM. In
case it matters, my kernel is 2.2.16 with a bunch of standard RedHat patches.
I can see all my fonts in all their glory on Qt/KDE applications. The
programs which fail are xfontsel and xemacs. Am I missing some configuration
setting? As all my fonts are available at 12pt size, I assume it is not a
problem with path settings in XF86Config-4.

Any help gratefully received,
Ravi

In case this is not the right forum for this, I apologize, and could someone
please point me to the right one?