List:       xfree-newbie
Subject:    Re: [Newbie] Matrox Millennium G450?
From:       Frederik Vanrenterghem <frederik () maui ! kotnet ! org>
Date:       2000-12-23 10:32:14

On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, Thorsten Westheider wrote:

> is anyone here running XFree86 4.0.2 with a Matrox Millennium G450?

Not me, I'm still using 4.0.1

> Unfortunately, my machine (Linux kernel 2.4.0-test12) crashes
> on X server start, an older Millennium G200 is working just fine
> with the same XF86Config (attached for the sake of completeness).
> On crash, my monitor (iiyama MT-9221) blanks out, displaying a warning
> ("FH!" plus something else I'veforgotten) and switching to standby mode;
> the Linux box locks up (no more Ctrl-Alt-Del or console switching) and
> that's it, I have to turn off the machine.

Had the same problems before, so I asked the same question in here (you
should have found that in the archives). Short answer: compile with the
hallib driver from Matrox, look for it on their website. They have a users
forum too, in which this question has been answered before too. Look for
it, it's really a great help with some of the issues you _will_ encounter,
trust me ;-)

--

  "Ya know, I don't get it. I'm not allowed to ask a Chinese person where a
  Chinese restaurant is? I mean, aren't we all getting a little too sensitive?