List:       xfree-newbie
Subject:    Re: [Newbie]XFree86 4.2.0 for SiS650
From:       Paul Fraser <longhorn () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-01-03 4:50:43

I'm running those drivers with my SiS 630. You can grab the uncompressed files
here:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/longhorn/sis_drv.o (368.3k)
http://users.bigpond.net.au/longhorn/sis_dri.so (1.2mb)

Unzipping the files shouldn't be a problem. They're .tar.gz, aren't they?
tar -zxvf <filename>

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:41, Alan Nash wrote:
> I am trying to get a SiS650 video card to work with XFree86 4.2.0
> (kernel 2.4.18-6mdk; all from Mandrake 8.2).  I recently learned that most
> recent sis driver (under development by Thomas Winischhofer) supports
> SiS650, but I am having some trouble getting my hands on the binaries of
> this driver (I have problems gunzipping the files on his website).
>
> Questions:
>
> (1) Can anybody pass me binaries for a sis driver (I think I need
> sis_drv.o and sis_dri.so) new enough to support SiS650 for my system?
>
> (2) Is there a way to set up the card for now with some generic driver,
> however poor the performance?  E.g., with XFree86 3.3.6 it runs with
> FBDev.
>

> --Alan

Paul Fraser
longhorn@bigpond.net.au