List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    [I18n]Apps ending when I use a different Keyboard mapping
From:       "Carlos Fernando Scheidecker Antunes" <nando () antunes ! eti ! br>
Date:       2001-09-02 15:16:35

Hello all,

I have a notebook that has Brazilian ABNT2 Keyboard. So I have configured
both KDE  (through KDE config) to support it and GNOME as well (through the
GKB applet). Also I´ve edited the XF86Config-4 and XF86Config as follows :

My XF86Config-4 keyboard section :
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "xkbLayout" "abnt2"

My XF86Config Keyboard section :

Xkbcode "xfree86"
XkbTypes "default"
XkbCompat "default"
XkbSymbols "us"
XkbGeometry "pc"
XkbRules "xfree86"
XkbModel "abnt2"
XkbLayout "br"

The layout works and all the keys I type are correct. The problem is that
when I run an application such as DrScheme for my Computer Science course it
crashes when I hit ";" or the ALT key and a message is displayed as follows
:

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 101 (X_GetKeyBoardMapping)
Value in failed request: 0xf8
Serial number of failed request: 5277

Also, if I try to run Kylix I cannot even run it unless I change back the
layout to US which is nasty because the keyboard is very different.

Can anyone help me out on this ?

Thank you so much,

Carlos Fernando Scheidecker Antunes

Linux User #207984