List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    [I18n]problem about truetype font display
From:       "shwang" <shwang () sonata ! iscas ! ac ! cn>
Date:       2001-08-21 7:18:40

I have one problem now
when I use gedit to display Chinese character
if happened some character it can not recognize
then it will display nothing.
Maybe my expression is bad, I give an example
such as I display these two words:
/xb0a1/xb0a2
it can display correctly.
but if I want to display
/xa1a1/xb0a1/xb0a2
it will display nothing, the just reason is it have nothing in my truetype font of the code point /xa1a1.

I find this problem when I use fontset(iso8859-1,gb2312-1980,iso10646-1),
first I think it is fontset's mechnism, then I try to use just iso10646-1
as font encoding, but it also failed.
Who can tell me why?
Thanks very much!