List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    Re: [I18n]Re:Xkb keymap for Tamil language
From:       Pablo Saratxaga <pablo () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-08-14 12:31:50

Kaixo!

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 05:31:53AM -0500, Thuraiappah Vaseeharan wrote:

> Also if I have a unicode font with tamil glyphs & a utf-8 editor, would I
> be able to input text directly with the keymap containing keysyms
> 0x10000000 + Unicode?

Yes.
(then you can display with pango, eg xith gtk+ 1.3, it works, but still beta)

The problem is the transition; currently there is a growing tscii usage
along a growing utf-8 usage, and a big wall between the two (you either
choose one way or the other; or use non common tools to handle the bridging
yourself).

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga