List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    Re: [I18n]When patches will be accepted?
From:       David Dawes <dawes () XFree86 ! Org>
Date:       2001-08-09 12:35:40

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 01:36:37PM +0200, Kamil Toman wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> no problems.  Or, nobody sent it to patch@xfree86?  (I sent
>> 002050.html, 002091.html, and 002117.html and have sequence
>> numbers of 4780, 4792, and 4798, respectively.)
>
>I sent a small i18n patch (a few line correcting only a few obvious typos
>in Compose files] to devel@xfree86.org at least a month ago and still
>nothing happens. There is currently no way how to obtain information/state
>of any particular bug and accordingly to xfree86 core members responses
>in devel mailing list there won't be any.

Patches submitted to the correct place will be dealt with when
someone gets to them.  If you have a sequence number, it was
submitted to the correct place.  If you sent it only to a discussion
list, like this one or the XFree86 devel list, then it probably
got lost.  If we had the time to provide useful state information
about a submission, then we'd have had time to either apply/commit
the patch or contact whoever submitted it if there was a problem.
If neither of those two things has happened, the status is
"unassigned", and that's all any tracking system would tell you.

The cvs-commit list is public, so you can see what gets committed.
If you don't want to check there, Changelog extracts are available online
<http://www.xfree86.org/cvs/changes.html>.

David
--
David Dawes                                      Email: dawes@XFree86.org
Founder/President, Release Engineer              Phone: +1 510 687 6857