List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    [I18n]Another small issue with lcUTF8.c
From:       Yao Zhang <yzhang () sharemedia ! com>
Date:       2001-08-07 23:53:42

Bruno Haible writes:

> Would you mind testing the appended patch, with an original
> unmodified lcUTF8.c ?

I tested it with xterm-157 under UTF-8 locale and GTK+ 1.3
under zh_CN.GB2312, zh_TW.BIG5, zh_CN.UTF-8 locales.  It all
works great.  Thanks.

Then I added the BIG5 locale patch and tested it under
UTF-8 locale.  One nice feature of it is that now I can
input and display mixed simplified Chinese and traditional
Chinese all in one application window.  This is because
for input method, compound text is used to sent characters
to X client, an application under UTF-8 locale can
receive and interpret both GB2312 and BIG5 compound text
without any problem.