List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    Re: [I18n]xterm problem with some locales
From:       Juliusz Chroboczek <jch () fer ! pps ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2001-03-31 16:05:27

PS> I've discovered that xterm uses positions in the range of
PS> 0x80-0x9f for its own use.

>> What happens if you switch it to 7-bit controls?

PS> How do you do that ?

Reset the eightBitControl resource, or use the C-button1 menu.

Judging from a cursory scan through the source, though, I don't think
it will change anything.

Do people think that setting xterm to 7-bit controls should cause C1
characters to be interpreted as graphic characters?  Or should a new
resource be provided?

                                        Juliusz