List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    Re: [I18n]Progress on IIIMF?
From:       hiura () eng ! sun ! com
Date:       2001-02-21 2:45:28

> From: ha shao <hashao@chinese.com>
> What the situation of integration of Sun's IIIMF into XFree86?

The original released from Sun last year was for X11R6.5.1.
Currently, Linux Internationalization Initiative input method
subgroup is maintaining its XFree86 4.0.2 version so that we
can integrate them into future XFree86 release easily.

CVS repository is on www.li18nux.org.

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@www.li18nux.org:/cvsroot login
(no password to login)
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@www.li18nux.org:/cvsroot co im-sdk
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@www.li18nux.org:/cvsroot co -r XF86-4_0_2-base Xlib-I18N

The input method subgroup is currently testing them intensively on
Redhat7.1? public beta, and Kondara MNU/Linux in conjunction with
LI18NUX2000 certification.

> Can we expect to see it in for 4.1.x series?

We are close to commit XomCTL(BiDi/Complex Text Layout languages
support in Xlib XOM)code to the CVS repository I refered above,
so probably after committing XomCTL, I hope we can work on the
integration.

--
hiura@{sun.com,li18nux.org,kondara.org,unicode.org} http://www.li18nux.org
Chair, Li18nux/Linux Internationalization Initiative, Free Standards Group