List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    [I18n] =?iso-8859-2?Q?alt=2Bn=20on=20czech=20keyboard?=
From:       honza <honza-news () seznam ! cz>
Date:       2003-06-30 12:43:39

Hi,
I use us and cz keyboard and on czech keyboard are
keys 0..9 redefined on other keys (1=plus,2=ecaron,...). I have
defined some shortcuts like Alt+n (n=0..9) in my window manager
(icewm).
The problem is, that when I set czech keyboard, the shortcuts don't
work. So, how can I set on czech keyboard that when I press left alt,
it should use level2 key (level2 on cz is same as level1 on us)
instead
of level1?

When I use
setxkbmap "us,cz" -option
"grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll,compose:ralt"
and then by both shifts switch on second (cz) keyboard, everything is
ok
and shortcuts work. But I need to have cz keybaord primary and when I
use setxkbmap "cz,us" -option
"grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll,compose:ralt", the shortcuts (alt+n)
don't work (neither on cz nor us keyboard).
So, is it possible to use setxkbmap "us,cz" -option
"grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll,compose:ralt" but set somewhere,
that
the second keyboard (cz) should be set on beginnig (instead of us
keyboard)?

Thanks, Honza
Provaznik