List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    Re: [I18n]Missing locale?
From:       Juliusz Chroboczek <jch () pps ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2002-11-30 14:48:21

BDS> If South Africa isn't part of Europe, do I still need Euro font
BDS> support?  I would actually like having Euro font support in X
BDS> (for, say, e-mails to other countries), but I thought it wasn't
BDS> necessary for these entries to exist to support that.  (I'm an
BDS> i18n newbie).

Depends on your mailer.  However, you probably don't want to convert
to using an ISO 8859-15 locale unless you're in the European Union.

In the long term, we hope to use UTF-8 locales everywhere, so you can
have both the Euro and the Tughrik symbol whatever your locale.

>> en_ZA.ISO-8859-15                               en_ZA.ISO8859-15
>> en_ZA.iso885915                                 en_ZA.ISO8859-15
>> en_ZA.utf8                                      en_ZA.UTF-8

It really cannot harm to add these.

                                        Juliusz