List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    [I18n]problem in installing the xfree86 4.2
From:       Robert Lie <R.Li () ukc ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-03-11 12:01:42

I know little about i18n for X. I used a redhat 7.1 with xfree86 4.0
which works
in Chinese correctly, including input and output Chinese correctly. Days
ago, I
compiled the source of xfree86 4.2 with the locale support and installed
it(my
glibc is version 2.1.92), then the locale can't be set to zh_CN any
more. And
the worse is, if I set the environment variable XMODIFIERS as a Chinese
input
method, gnome crushed down at the startup(according the core file, the
gnome
is crushed down when executing "gnome_segv gnome-session". there are
some
argument after the command i can't remember). Can anyone give me some
help?

--
Best Regards,

Ruo