List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    Re: [I18n]Ogonek rant
From:       Markus Kuhn <Markus.Kuhn () cl ! cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-02-14 18:08:23

Juliusz Chroboczek wrote on 2002-02-14 17:15 UTC:
> (Offtopic: who is responsible for the positioning of the ogonek in
> a-ogonek in the XFree86 fonts?  Could you get it moved to a more
> reasonable place?)

If it is BDF fonts, that would be me. In the Adobe fonts, I think my
"precompose" script I just places it below the center at the moment.
Remember that I don't have proper glyph positioning information from the
font, so it is all based on rules and heuristics which can be improved
ad infinitum. Could certainly be improved if I put more work into it.
It's all a function of available time and number of complaints (you are
the first one on this).

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/download/ucs-fonts-75dpi100dpi.tar.gz

Markus