List:       xfree-i18n
Subject:    Re: [I18n]Farsi Keyboad Layout
From:       Arash Zeini <kde () farsikde ! com>
Date:       2002-01-21 8:13:50

On Monday 21 January 2002 12:30 am, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > I know, but IR refers to a country with many more languages than Farsi
> > and the keyboard layout clearly refers to the language of Farsi. The same
> > way it wouldn't be correct to use IN or something related for India as
> > there are many more languages spoken in India. That is why the keyboard
> > for Bengali (work in progress) e.g. is called ben (I am not really sure
> > about the name) and not in.
>
> I know, ;) but I think I'll try to be standard instead of being logical.
>
> roozbeh

how is using another naming convention less standard while still using the
standard itself :)

Nevertheless either way is OK from my point of view. In the light of the
efforts for generating a Kurdish layout and the differences between the two
scripts as well as layouts I thought using "fa" might be more appropriate
than the use of "ir".

Awaiting suggestions from the XFree86 team.

Thanks,
Arash