List:       xfree-fonts
Subject:    [Fonts]XFree 4.0.3 + antialiased fonts + xinerama
From:       pauly <pauly () thefunk ! org>
Date:       2001-03-26 18:35:12

I've recently compiled XFree 4.03 and QT from source to enable the
much anticipated  antialiased font fun.  It's working quite nicely
on my Matrox g450 setup with the exception being that one screen is
completely garbled while the other is nicely antialiased with a hint
of artifacts.  I've got a rather large screen shot illustrating this on
my webserver:

http://thefunk.org/kde/kde21_aa_xinerama.png

Please take a look at the image and notice that fonts on the left hand
monitor are garbled while the fonts on the right hand side look quite nice.

It's clearly not a KDE problem and more likely a Xft problem.

Is this a known problem?  If so, how do I fix it.  If not, how do we fix it?

/pauly