List:       xfree-fonts
Subject:    [Fonts] font-related crash
From:       Jørn Villesen Christensen <news () mettle ! dk>
Date:       2004-02-08 23:37:22

Hi there

I run a SuSE 8.2 distribution, but because of video driver (dri)
problems, I compiled and installed XFree from source
	ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.3.0/source/
and seems to work fine.

But I have a problem with my fonts. If I try to select certain fonts
(not all), the application (e.g. xfontsel) crashes and prints following
message:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  45 (X_OpenFont)
  Value in failed request:  0x300005d
  Serial number of failed request:  1535

I know that similar bugs have been reported earlier, but I could not get
an anser from them... Can anyone help?

One thing to note is that OpenOffice v1.1 runs fine and gladly displays
all the fonts!

Thanks...

~Jørn