List:       xfree-fonts
Subject:    [Fonts]xft and pcf font
From:       Olivier Chapuis <olivier.chapuis () free ! fr>
Date:       2002-11-04 21:47:33

Hello,

We use "rotated" text in our software. With xft we load the font with
an appropriate matrix, e.g., (0 -1 1 0) for displaying text with a rotation
of 90 degree from the "usual" direction.  This works very well with
true type fonts and Type1 fonts.  But, I recently try this with a pcf
font and Xft2 (fontconfig, freetype and Xft from XFree CVS) and this
does not work. Text is displayed in the following way:

and so is not rotated (verticallayout=FcFalse). I can give more
details if needed. Is this a known problem? Maybe this is just not yet
implemented or I am doing something wrong?

Regards, Olivier