List:       xfree-fonts
Subject:    [Fonts]Fontconfig can't load a fonts.conf file that contains non us-ascii characters
From:       Arkadiusz Mucha <arkmch () priv ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2002-10-20 22:03:42

While loading kcontrol I kept getting an error from fontconfig saying that it
couldn't load the default configuration file. It complained that line 17
contained an invalid token. It's the line that begins with

<!--      Font directory list configured on (date in Polish, containig some
diacritics)

I think it was the Polish diacritics that confused fontconfig, because after
deleting the date kcontrol loaded without any errors.

Arkadiusz Mucha