List:       xfree-fonts
Subject:    Re: [Fonts]Fontconfig + patched qt-3.0.5 doesn't allow bitmap fixed font
From:       ismail donmez <voidcartman () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-10-18 10:33:30

I have the same problem and I think this is because
fontconfig uses hinting for all fonts by default. I
*think* ( provided not sure ) turning hinting off
would solve the problem completely. But I dont know
how to turn off hinting completely in fonts.conf.
Maybe you know how?

This happened to me with xft1 too , and I used David
Chester's nohinting patch for Xft1 and it worked.

Hope that Helps

/ismail

=====
Microsoft Windows: made for the internet
The Internet: made for UNIX