List:       xerces-p-dev
Subject:    Re: Xerces-P on IRIX ?
From:       "Daniel Distelrath" <dan () sfb288 ! math ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-02-17 0:15:44

On http://xml.apache.org/xerces-p/index.html "they" say "Platforms Coming Soon Linux \
(RedHat 6.0)".

http://archive.covalent.net/ ) are some posts concerning a "Linux Port" (see \
http://archive.covalent.net/xml/xerces-p-dev/2000/12/0002.xml ).

When you get the xerces_perl_1.0.zip included README - pardon the AUTHOR - says
"
[...]
BUILD REQUIREMENTS:
[...]
2. MSVC++ (the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler and
 development environment) version 6 (but 5
 should also work).  Note that this project is
 intended to be portable to other (non-Windows)
 platforms.  But I have only built it on Windows
 so far. Contributions are welcome in this area!
[...]
PREPARE FOR THE BUILD:

1. Go to the ...\xerces\perl\ directory.

2. Examine the Perl script "makefile.pl".  You may
 need to change some locations of libraries and
 include directories.  If you attempt to build
 on a platform other that Windows, you will
 probably have to change more.
[...]
"

Unfortunately again, i'm not very familiar with compiler options and flags on IRIX.
So i wonder whether it's worth trying for hours....

dan