List:       xerces-p-dev
Subject:    RE: An XML::Xerces Support Question
From:       "Pluta, Edward" <Edward_Pluta () csgsystems ! com>
Date:       2006-08-03 13:56:14

I've successfully built and we are running XML::xerces in production on
AIX5.2/5.1, although I used gcc/g++ to compile, since we don't have
xlr_c, for perl 5.8.2-5.8.8. Since the last node of the release is just
a maintainace increment I don't thing the perl core would change that
radically (I could be wrong). The one major difference that jumps out is
that it looks like you are using a multi threaded perl, we did not. I
did have to build a custom version of perl to 1. upgrade to 5.8.8 and 2.
to use the gcc/g++ compiler, although that was easier than installing
the xerces packages.

Wish I could offer more help but I don't have xlc_r to play with. Now if
you want to move to gcc..... ;)