List:       xerces-p-dev
Subject:    Re: Xerces-P and Win2k
From:       jason () openinformatics ! com (Jason E !  Stewart)
Date:       2001-10-29 3:40:34

"Mark Riehl" <mark.riehl@agilecommunications.com> writes:

> Xerces.c
> C:\Xerces\Xerces-C\xerces-c1_5_2-win32\include\util/Compilers/VCPPDefs.hpp(1
> 83)

Here's the piece that it's complaining about
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
//  For IDOM:
//  Bypass compiler warning:
//    no matching operator delete found; memory will not be freed if initialization throws an exception
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#if _MSC_VER == 1200 /* VC++ 6.0 */
class IDOM_Document;
inline void operator delete(void* ptr, IDOM_Document *doc)
{
    return;
}
#endif

Since it's only designed to stop a warning, I would just comment it out.

> C:\Xerces\Xerces-C\xerces-c1_5_2-win32\include\sax/InputSource.hpp(100) :
> error
> C2061: syntax error : identifier 'BinInputStream'

Here's the section for this one:

#ifndef INPUTSOURCE_HPP
#define INPUTSOURCE_HPP

#include <util/XercesDefs.hpp>

class BinInputStream;

It seems VC++ doesn't like the forward declarations for some
reason. This one is trickier, because it's a forward declaration for
one of the later methods. You could always try including
"util/BinInputStream.hpp" instead.

jas.