List:       xerces-j-user
Subject:    Re: Creating DOM using XPath
From:       "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-16 17:48:34

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Shah Asrani <shahasrani@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I agree  that it will be very difficult to handle all possible xpath expressions.

it's actually impossible. Constructing a DOM tree from XPath
expression is a wrong problem definition, as we have discussed so far
in this thread.

> /a/b/c

We can construct a small (perhaps very small) subset of the full DOM
tree for this XPath expression. With this XPath expression, we cannot
know how many b or c children are there.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi