List:       xerces-j-user
Subject:    Re: XML Parsing Error
From:       Stanimir Stamenkov <s7an10 () netscape ! net>
Date:       2008-04-26 14:58:03

Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:34:54 -0400, /Dhamelia, Krunal/:

> Now when I run it on Windows 2000 machine it parses the XML properly
> that means I get the 'RÈLÉSIX' displayed properly on my screen,
> But when I run it on UNIX machine it is not able to parse this properly
> it is giving me some Junk value (RA?LA?SIX) Displayed.
>
> Any idea why this is happening ? I am stucked here please some one help
> me out.

Check whether your Unix display/console is capable of displaying the
characters in question (check the console encoding).  Try displaying
the result as sequence of numbers representing the individual
characters codes instead, to test whether you're encountering just a
display problem.

--
Stanimir