List:       xerces-j-user
Subject:    Re: please let me know which jars inorder to avoid this error
From:       Michael Glavassevich <mrglavas () ca ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2005-11-24 16:18:19

It looks like you have several parsers on your classpath. These jars
normally contain a file called javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory located
under META-INF/services. The content of this file is the class name of an
implementation of SAXParserFactory. When SAXParserFactory.newInstance()
[1] is called it determines which implementation to return based on a
lookup procedure which includes reading these
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory files. If there are multiple parser
implementations on your classpath, whichever the classloader finds first
is the one that's returned.

Assuming your application isn't hard coded to use a particular parser
implementation putting the Xerces jars at the head of your classpath
should work.

Thanks.

[1]
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/javax/xml/parsers/SAXParserFactory.html#newInstance()

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

"Manik Rao Chekkala" <manikraoc@virtusa.com> wrote on 11/24/2005 02:11:29
AM:

> Hi All,
>

>   I am facing a problem while testing my test cases . I am using
> following jars in my project
>

> Java :  j2sdk 1.4.2_06,
> Axis : Axis 1.1
> Ant : ant-contrib-1.0b1 , ant-junit-1.6.2 , axis-ant
> Junit: Junit : junit-3.8.1 , junitperf, jtestcase
> Xml related jars: xerces1.4.3, xml-apis-2.4.0 , xalan , xmlutil ,
> xercesImpl-2.4.0
> Oracle : ojdbc14
> Websphere5.1
>
> I am getting following error .So, Please let me know which
> compatible ?xerces &  xalan ?  jars I have to use in order to avoid this
error

> org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException: SAX feature 'http://apache.
> org/xml/features/validation/schema-full-checking' not recognized.
>             at oracle.xml.parser.v2.NonValidatingParser.
> setFeature(NonValidatingParser.java:1696)
>             at
oracle.xml.parser.v2.SAXParser.setFeature(SAXParser.java:266)
>             at oracle.xml.jaxp.JXSAXParserFactory.
> newSAXParser(JXSAXParserFactory.java:88)
>             at net.wangs.xmlutil.XMLValidator.
> validateWithSAXParser(XMLValidator.java:192)
>             at
net.wangs.xmlutil.XMLValidator.validate(XMLValidator.java:121)
>             at net.wangs.jtestcase.JTestCase.<init>(JTestCase.java:94)
>             at
com.cig.mms.JTestCaseUtil.loadDataFile(JTestCaseUtil.java:36)
>             at com.cig.mms.MMSServiceTestCase.
> loadAssertionDataFile(MMSServiceTestCase.java:414)
>             at com.cig.mms.achtransfers.service.test.
> AchPayeeAuthTestCase.<init>(AchPayeeAuthTestCase.java:88)
>             at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.
> newInstance0(Native Method)
>             at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.
> newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>             at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.
> newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>             at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
>             at junit.framework.TestSuite.createTest(TestSuite.java:131)
>             at
junit.framework.TestSuite.addTestMethod(TestSuite.java:114)