List:       xerces-j-user
Subject:    Re: XInclude property fixup in Xerces 2.7
From:       Michael Glavassevich <mrglavas () ca ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2005-07-22 3:34:28

Hi Jan,

Section 4.5.3 [1] describes fixup of the [references] property of an
attribute information item. For IDREF/IDREFS the property contains an
ordered list of element information items. Xerces provides no mechanism
for accessing this property nor does it keep an internal representation.
For Xerces, references property fixup is a no-op. As far as I know,
neither SAX or DOM have native support for this property, though the DOM
specification [2] describes how it can be computed. I'm curious about how
you were expecting to access this information.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/#references-property
[2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/infoset-mapping.html#Attr2Infoset

Jan Hackel <jhackel@rz.uni-potsdam.de> wrote on 07/21/2005 09:57:33 AM:

> The 2.7.0 release notes state that Xerces provides a *complete*
> implementation
> of the XML Inclusions recommendation. However, I am unable to get
"property
> fixup" (Chapter 4.5.3 of the Rec.) working. Is it really supported by
Xerces?
> If so, how do I get it working? It's a nifty feature I was waiting for
> well not ages, but at least since I first read of it.
>
> Regards
> Jan Hackel

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development