List:       xerces-j-user
Subject:    Re: Relationship between JDK 1.5 and Xerces 2.7?
From:       Michael Glavassevich <mrglavas () ca ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2005-07-03 18:42:07

They're related in so much that they implement the parser related portions
of JAXP 1.3. Portions of Sun's reference implementation of JAXP 1.3 were
merged into Xerces with bug fixes and other improvements. Xerces 2.7.0
represents roughly 16 months of other work on top of what was Xerces
2.6.2. Since I don't know, I won't guess at how much of that was synched
back into the J2SE 5.0 version. Given the timing of Sun's J2SE 5.0 release
(Fall 2004), one can imagine very little if any of what's been done in
Apache during the last 9 months is in there.

Thanks.

"Julio Castillo" <jcastillo@edgenuity.com> wrote on 07/02/2005 08:16:06
PM:

> I understand that Sun picked up Xerces 2.6 and incorporated it along
with
> bug fixes and other enhancements. How does that version compare/relate
> Apache/Xerces 2.7?
>
> Julio Castillo

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development