List:       xerces-j-user
Subject:    Re: duplicate attributes
From:       Stanimir Stamenkov <stanio () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2005-01-21 9:38:00

/Bob Foster/:
> Frank Zhou wrote:
>
>> Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I would
>> like to know if it is valid for an XML element to have
>> duplicate attributes.
>
> 3.1: "An attribute name MUST NOT appear more than once in the same
> start-tag or empty-element tag."

That's: "Well-formedness constraint: Unique Att Spec"
<http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#uniqattspec>

And the right group to ask would be the "comp.text.xml" one,
accessible through Google, also:

http://groups.google.com/groups?group=comp.text.xml

This mailing list is for Xerces-Java specific topics.

--
Stanimir