List:       xerces-j-user
Subject:    RE: Newbie: how do i copy a Dom tree to another dom document
From:       "Rajesh_KumarT" <Rajesh_KumarT () infy ! com>
Date:       2002-04-30 2:38:29

Hi,
	There are two possible problems:

1. You cannot use append child directly to copy a part of a DOM tree into another \
one. You have to use

importNode(Node importedNode, boolean deep)

of the Document interface.

2. Another problem you can face even after using the above is incompatibility between \
two DOMs, i.e. One of the document object can be a DOM 1 object where as the other \
can be DOM 2. But you need not worry about this if you are using the same Xerces \
package for creating all the documents.

Hope this helps,

Rajesh.