List:       xerces-j-dev
Subject:    RE: Validate DTDs and Schemas (only)
From:       "Jose Antonio Lopez" <jalopez () labein ! es>
Date:       2000-11-29 9:07:46

Thanks.
 We have tried with the actual recomendation and the previous in
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmlschema-1-20000407/ ".

With DTDs, we have validate the "personal.xsd" provided in Xerces 1.2.1. It
works fine validating with the previous version, but with the actual some
errors have been launched.

With schemas, using the same file provided, I've found many errors about
Element type "xxx" must be declared. However, I'm sure it is because I
haven't put the correct namespace in it.

neilg@ca.ibm.com con fecha 28/11/2000 18.26.29

Por favor, responda a xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org

Destinatarios: xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org
CC:        (cci: Jose Antonio Lopez/LABEIN)
Asunto:   RE: Validate DTDs and Schemas (only)

Hi all,

Dennis, you're quite right of course, but the URI's you've cited here
correspond to the Candidate Recommendation version of the schema draft,
which Xerces doesn't support yet.  So any schema validated with these
grammars wouldn't be useful to Xerces, since there are substantial
syntactic differences between the version of schemas which Xerces supports
and the canidate recommendation.  The URI's for the Schema for Schemas and
the Schema DTD for the old Schema spec can be found by following links
from:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmlschema-1-20000922/

You probably *could* validate a schema using the up-to-date DTD though; it
would be an interesting experiment!

Cheers,
Neil

Neil Graham