List:       xerces-j-dev
Subject:    OS/390 xerces
From:       Dan Sexton <dan.sexton () motion-ind ! com>
Date:       2000-11-28 19:36:55

I am running WebSphere 3.02 Standard Edition on the OS/390 (v. 02.09.00).
WebSphere comes with IBM's XML4J.jar, but our version of this parser does
not seem to work correctly.  It works fine on NT, but on the mainframe the
Document object that i get from the parser is empty (no exceptions or errors
are generated). IBM's suggestion was to download the latest xerces parser,
since they are similar.
Has anyone actually gotten either xerces or IBM's parser to work on an
OS/390 with websphere 3.02?
Other info: jdk 1.1.8; file encoding: Cp1047;  i have tried the String
encoding that was suggested by IBM.
Thanks.  Dan.