List:       xerces-j-dev
Subject:    tool package [ was Re: Future of Crimson package?]
From:       Arnaud Le Hors <lehors () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2000-09-29 1:07:08

Edwin Goei wrote:

> Lars Martin wrote:
> >
> > On Don, 28 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> > > So I think the idea of a tool package at apache is great!
> >
> > So let's count the votes ... oh, I'm not a voting commiter ;-)
>
> Sounds good to me.  I would suggest that someone make a proposal on what
> to do with the treediff code so others can work on it.

I agree.

>  Right now it's
> in the /xml-contrib repository which doesn't have a working cvs
> notification list.  Should the code be moved?  Or should the
> /xml-contrib repository be fixed?  Other options?

I'd say these two questions should be answered independently. Regarding
the notification mechanism on /xml-contrib repository, I think it should
be fixed ASAP. Regarding the tool package, I'd put it somewhere in the
xerces repository. As long as we can agree on where to put it and we
don't add it to the main jar...