List:       xerces-j-dev
Subject:    Schema Grammar validity question.
From:       Chris Simmons <cps () corefiling ! com>
Date:       2013-03-14 10:37:02

I've got three grammars with a potentially dubious substitution group chain.

In a.xsd we have an attribute group declaring ##other.

In b.xsd we have an extension of a type from c.xsd declaring an ID
attribute.

In c.xsd we have the base type, which declares a single attribute and
##other.

Now the question is, is this valid according to point 1.3 of this section?

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-ct-extends

The reason I ask is that I'm getting conflicting answers.  Xerces says
its valid, but XSD
(http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/?project=xsd#xsd) claims that it
isn't valid.

So who's right and why?