List:       xerces-j-dev
Subject:    Re: XSElement - attribute ID
From:       Michael Glavassevich <mrglavas () ca ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2008-12-30 20:34:49

Hi =A3ukasz,

"=A3ukasz Wycisk" <luczus@gmail.com> wrote on 12/30/2008 04:37:17 AM:

> How to get attribute id from XSElementDecl?

You can't.

As I said in a reply to a different question of yours, the XML Schema A=
PI
was designed to be isomorphic to the schema components described by the=

schema specification. It generally doesn't expose things which only exi=
st
in the XML representation of schema documents. If you need the ids and
possibly other non-schema component information then you may want to
consider using a different API (e.g. Eclipse XSD) or doing something
creative like running a transform over the schema documents before they=
're
passed to Xerces (e.g. rename each id attribute to my:id) so that the
information you're interested in will show up in annotations.

> --
> Pozdrawiam
> =A3ukasz Wycisk

Thanks.