List:       xerces-j-dev
Subject:    RE: Invoking schema validator from the command line
From:       Paul.V.Biron () kp ! org
Date:       2005-11-29 18:30:34

> I see that when I add the -v and -s
> options, I get the errors in my documents. Is it possible to use this
> program to validate schemas?

When you validate an instance you will also receive notifications of
errors in the schema documents...thus, if all you want is to check your
schema documents you can just create a trivial instance and validate it
(and ignore any errors related to the instance).  Or, you can use the
xni.XMLGrammarBuilder sample as someone else pointed out.

> time. I'm not sure if I need the -n, -np, and -f options, but I turned
them

-n and -np determine whether to do namespace processing (if your
instances/schemas use namespaces, then yes...turn them on).

Without -f there are some errors in schema document which xerces will NOT
detect.  So, in general you want it turned on.  I believe that in some
cases it can significantly slow down processing and hence, they give you
the option of turning it off if you already know your schema documents
don't include any of those errors.

pvb