List:       xerces-j-dev
Subject:    Re: dom3 and unicode
From:       Alistair Young <alistair () smo ! uhi ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2005-04-12 7:30:22

I'm getting reports that the Bodington VLE is having problems when
using dom3. When exporting data to IMS Question & Test Interoperability
Specification format, everything is ok. When you then import the
generated QTI file, you get the error:

"Problem importing XML file: Converter malfunction (Unicode) -- please
submit a bug report"

Normal xerces (dom2) works fine. It's only when you drop the dom3 into
Tomcat's /common/endorsed that the problems start.

Sorry for the vagueness of the error but I'll try and find out more.

Alistair