List:       xerces-j-dev
Subject:    Re: Load Schemas using HTTPS as URI
From:       Neeraj Bajaj <neeraj.bajaj () sun ! com>
Date:       2003-03-19 15:01:43

KAtigre@Primavera.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>Is it possible to use a https uri like "https://xyz/schema.xsd" to specify
>the schemaLocation in a xml document.
>

>I am using (Xerces 2.0.0 )  to parse the document.
>Is there any setting in Xerces to make it understand https urls for
>schemaLocation.

This is interesting. I haven't tried this but I  believe if everything
is set like ( caroot imported /jre/lib/security/cacerts), you are done.
        Xerces will take care all. However,  If you are using proxy to
reach outside world you should set "proxyhost" and "proxyport" SYSTEM
Property accordingly.  When requirements are really complex like doing
both client & server side authentication, which can't be done merely
updaing the cacerts,  you need to write all the code that does this
fancy work.