List:       xerces-j-dev
Subject:    RE: Getting more info on SAXExceptions
From:       "Gordon Ross" <G.Ross () ccw ! gov ! uk>
Date:       2001-09-27 19:04:20

I've done that, but I've had instances where I've (accidentally) made =
fatal errors in the XML document, the parsing has stopped, and I've =
received a SAXException. (I spent ages trying to find that error)

GTG

Gordon Ross,
Network Manager,
Countryside Council for Wales

>>> "Rathi, Pradeep" <pradeep.rathi@documentum.com> 27/09/2001 18:34:14 =

Gordon,

You can implement the org.xml.sax.ErrorHandler and then look at the API's
for SAXParseException to get line no, column no etc. Note: you got to
register the error handler so as to use this functionality.

Thanks
Pradeep