List:       xerces-j-dev
Subject:    RE: Schema migration blues, Help needed
From:       Scott Geertgens <geertgens () genomica ! com>
Date:       2001-09-26 18:20:55

   As others have already mentioned, it is a good idea to use several tools.
XMLSpy doesn't catch quite everything, and sometimes tools will disagree.
The IBM Schema Checker is of great help.

   However, for your specific problem, the fix is relatively easy (we had a
similar situation). I'm assuming you have a group defined, and within that
group a choice (with a min and/or max occurance value set). Instead of
placing the min/max on the choice, place the min/max on the group instead.
Doing this also fixed a perceived bug in XMLSpy's graphical schema display
(it was doing something strange with the <include>'ed files when viewed from
the top-level schema). So even though XMLSpy is not catching the error, it
is certainly affected by it. Hope this helps.

SJG