List:       xerces-c-users
Subject:    Re: Ignore Whitespace
From:       David Bertoni <dbertoni () apache ! org>
Date:       2008-11-11 15:04:58

minggi wrote:
> I tried to parse the following xml:
> <person>
> 	<name>test</name>
> 	<tel>test</tel>
> 	<city>test</city>
> </person>
>
> The getFirstChild on the 'person' node returns a #text node. The parser adds
> a empty text node.
> I tried with setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace(true) and
> setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace(false)... nothing works.
>
> Have you an example for me?
The XML recommendation requires the parser to report all whitespace if
there's no DTD or the DTD doesn't define an element's content as
whitespace-only.  If you have a DTD and it defines the "person" element
as containing only element content, then the parser will report
"ignorable whitespace" or "element content whitespace."

What version of Xerces-C are you using with this member function?  I
can't find it anywhere.

Dave