List:       xerces-c-dev
Subject:    Re: Using #include "" instead of #include <>
From:       Robert Jan Schaper <r.schaper () chello ! nl>
Date:       2001-08-18 8:45:39

> "Murphy, James" wrote:
>  I would like to include all the Xerces headers my
> application uses like this:
> all my applications that use Xerces simply includes MyXerces.h instead of
> sprinkling their code with little bits or Xerces header includes.  That way
> when you guys decide to change the directory structure I change 1 file
> instead of hundreds. :)

You pay for that convenience in compilation time. On my dual Celeron 400 it
adds a second to the compile time of a cpp when I include all the headers
instead of only the DOM_Element.hpp that I need. If you have many cpp files
that include the header and maybe several more libraries that you include in
the same way, things can easily get (very) expensive.

--
A skilled commander seeks victory from the situation and does not demand it
of his subordinates.