List:       xerces-c-dev
Subject:    Re: AIX Makefile Problem
From:       Carl_Erhorn () hyperion ! com
Date:       2001-01-30 15:52:24

Hi, Aparna.

Yes, you need to read the docs first.

Xerces requires the GNU make program to build. You cannot use
the AIX make!

I've recently built the Xerces C source (v 3.3.1) on AIX with no problems.
I'm using the xlC_r and xlc_r compilers, GNU make, and AIX 4.3.3.

It can be done, but you must read the build instructions.
--Carl

Aparna Vasanth <avasanth@brocade.com> on 01/29/2001 09:58:58 PM

Please respond to xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org