List:       xerces-c-dev
Subject:    Re: compiler flag issues with g++ (egcs-2000501)
From:       brent verner <brent () rcfile ! org>
Date:       2000-05-16 4:56:30

on Mon, May 15, 2000 at 09:37:52PM -0700, Andy Heninger typed aloud:
| Hi Brent,
|
|   I appreciate your offer of help.  The more people poking at Xerces,
| the better.  And help on the Linux side would be particularly
| good to have.

hey, I'm not sure how much time I can dedicate to helping (spread too
thin), but I may be able to help enough to count.

| 'sbk:/style/dtd/document.dtd'  is the dtd for the xml files that
| are the source for all of the docs that go with xerces.  The
| html is generated by a set of tools from the xml.  You are right
| about this dtd being missing; I'll put it somewhere reasonable
| tomorrow.

thanks. I'd like to get digging on this xml groove -- gotta use
something for my config file :)

| The questions about the new egcs compiler need more looking at.
| I'm not up on what is going on in that area.

If you have any specific questions, I can possibly answer them. I've
been tracking egcs/libstdc++-v3 for about a month now, so I'm pretty
up on what is happening. I'll report what things I _do_ know that
will become issues with future gcc releases, but I probably won't
hit all points.

cheers.
  brent