List:       xerces-c-dev
Subject:    Re: Xerces3.0 test suite status
From:       Alberto Massari <amassari () datadirect ! com>
Date:       2006-10-19 12:46:24

Hi Jason,
I managed to build the stub DLL for Perl on Windows, and run the test
suite against an instrumented build of Xerces (using Compuware DevPartner).

The short summary is that the test suite covers 39,4% of the lines
and 42,6% of the methods of Xerces. I am attaching two CSV files
listing the methods that are not called at all, and those that are
called but execute less than 20% of their code.

A few quick things that could be done:
- do a parse operation on a schema-enabled document with
setGenerateSyntheticAnnotations
- add an XML+XSD that have identity checking (xsd:unique/xsd:key/xsd:keyref)
- add an XML+XSD that make use of base64 data
- add an XML+XSD that make use of a regex pattern
- invoke parse using the other 3 XMLScanners

Alberto